Perika Product Overview
Perika ® is a brand name for a standardized extract of St. John’s Wort that is manufactured by Nature’s Way Products, Incorporated. Perika is standardized to contain five percenthyperforin, the phytochemical believed to be responsible for St. John’s Wort’s powerful mood-enhancing effects.
Perika utilizes a patented process to standardize its hyperforin content, making Nature’s Way the only company in the United States to offer a five percent hyperforin-rich formulation in a single-herb preparation.
The manufacturer advises against taking Perika on an “as-needed” basis. Perika is intended to be taken over a period of time, and may take anywhere from two to eight weeks to produce noticeable changes in mood balance. Individuals taking Perika for stress, anxiety or other Emotional Wellness concerns should take it as part of a complete wellness plan that is supervised by a qualified healthcare professional.
Perika is similar to these Emotional Wellness products:
Perika contains a standardized extract of St. John’s Wort .
Benefits of Perika
- Improves depressed mood and positively effects neurotransmitter balance
- Provides relief for mood disturbances and related wellness concerns
Safety Information for Perika
When adding any dietary supplement to your wellness plan, it is important to understand potential side effects as well as possible interactions with prescription medications you are currently taking.
Known possible side effects for St. John’s Wort and its active ingredient hyperforin include:
- Sensitivity to sunlight and other UV light sources
- Nausea and/or gastrointestinal discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Allergic reactions
DO NOT TAKE PERIKA UNTIL YOU HAVE TALKED TO YOUR DOCTOR:
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you are currently taking an MAOI prescription medication
- If you have been diagnosed with a serious health issue like severe anxiety, depression or other mental health disorder and have not yet consulted with your physician about taking a dietary supplement
- If you have an autoimmune disease and are currently taking medication
Manufactured By: Nature’s Way, Incorporated
Company Home Page: NaturesWay.com